Wednesday, February 11, 2009

50 Paintings in 50 days

The painting above was corrected as to the background. It seemed that the background was too bright and was competing with the subject. Place a comment by clicking comment and let me know what you think. Is it improved?
Rather simple to paint and that is the reason I decided to do it, now that I look at it, it seems rather ugly and it isn't until I take the picture that I'm able to see the mistakes in value, i.e., some areas are too dark, too light and too warm. My brushes are shot and now I'm using a magnifying glass to better see errors. This photo is blurry, I will have to take a better picture tomorrow morning when the natural light is best, I was in a hurry. I'm officially behind, I should have 13 completed by tonight, the above is #9, I have two near completion on the easel. I have five days off and I better use them to get ahead.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tia Lola said...

Love the colors...they are not ugly, they have personality! Stop being so harsh. Use your energy to paint, not to beat yourself for every little imperfection.

Tia Lola said...

A definite improvement- I thought the background on the first painting matched the funky shoes. Now, I see what you mean about the shoes as the centerpiece, not the background.
Solid-